A Texas couple has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Live Nation and Travis Scott claiming that their unborn child was killed during Houston’s deadly Astroworld concert in November, 2021.
Shanazia Williamson and Jarawd Owens, both of Dayton, claim that the unborn baby was crushed as the crowd stampeded during the event.
“While in attendance at the festival, Shanazia was trampled and crushed resulting in horrific injuries and ultimately the death of her and Jarawd’s unborn child. In addition, Shanazia sustained injuries to her shoulder, back, chest, leg, stomach, and other parts of her body,” the lawsuit claims, according to a report from WHIO.
The lawsuit asserts that the “defendants’ failure to plan, design, manage, operate, staff and supervise the event” caused the death of their baby.
TRENDING: “Unfortunate that in a Time of War, We Spend all the Time Blaming our own President” – Top Democrat Steny Hoyer Announces War on Russia (VIDEO)
“Defendants are the owners, operators, promoters, organizers, and performers responsible for the event and each had a duty and responsibility for ensuring safe concert operations,” the suit continues.
Another video uploaded on social media that has garnered hundreds of views shows man fainting at the event as Scott continues to sing.#astroworldfestival #ASTROWORLDFest #TravisScott #Houston pic.twitter.com/paO0NfQNH4
— United News of India (@uniindianews) November 6, 2021
The couple is seeking over one million dollars in damages.
Ten people were killed and hundreds more were injured during the festival that was filled with Satanic imagery.
Scott is already the subject of multiple lawsuits.
One of the suits is seeking $2 billion in a class action suit from 300 victims. Rapper Drake, Apple Music, Live Nation and Houston’s NRG Stadium are also named in the lawsuit.
Having the public’s help in collecting evidence of this tragedy has been critically important.
If you have any photos, video footage, statements, or any other evidence you would be willing to share to help the victims, please send them to [email protected]
— Thomas J. Henry Law (@thomasjhenrylaw) November 10, 2021
“The defendants stood to make an exorbitant amount of money off this event, and they still chose to cut corners, cut costs, and put attendees at risk,” said Henry in a press release last year. “My clients want to ensure the defendants are held responsible for their actions, and they want to send the message to all performers, event organizers, and promoters that what happened at Astroworld cannot happen again.”
“They have injuries ranging from heart attacks to heart issues, to brain injuries, to spinal injuries, to broken bones, broken legs, eye injuries, internal organ injuries, bruising and bleeding,” Henry said, adding victims also suffered emotionally. “Those who were injured are still very traumatized because they had to step over dead bodies. They didn’t have a choice because there was nowhere to move. These people were trapped. The crushing effect was so heavy and hard. They couldn’t breathe. They couldn’t get out.”
Civil rights attorney Ben Crump has also filed a civil lawsuit on behalf of 9-year-old Ezra Blount, who died eight days after losing consciousness during the concert, and 200 victims who suffered mentally and physically.